Saturday, August 9, 2014

Christianity vs. Kindness

You know what really bothers me? The fact that we (Christian's) seem to be living in an age of having to choose between religion and morals. That just sounds wrong, doesn't it? Yeah, that's because it is.  I'm so sick of feeling as though I have to choose between having a Christian community of friends and fellowship;  and being a tolerant, loving, open minded person to the rest of the world. Now don't get me wrong-- I love the bible, church, fellowship, all that jazz. However,  I'm so sick of feeling like being a good Christian has to mean being the judgement police to the outside world.  News flash: IT DOESN'T. On the contrary my God taught me to love thy neighbor,  not love thy neighbor who thinks and believes exactly as you do. Personally, I'm so sick of feeling like I have to choose between raising my brother in the church, and raising him to be a kind, understanding, accepting person. The change starts with each one of us, and it needs to start now. Please remember that as you head out to church tomorrow (or sleep in, do what you do).

In Omnia Peratus. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment